NTN and BCA are Your Complete Aftermarket Partners
NTN knows that you need bearings for a breadth of applications, and not just those for automotive. That’s why we’ve launched a comprehensive bearing program designed exclusively for the aftermarket. The loose bearing line provides extensive coverage of non-wheel end aftermarket bearings for applications ranging from heavy-duty to automotive to agriculture. These supplemental part numbers enhance the BCA wheel end line to offer customers a more appealing and comprehensive product offering than the competition.
Tapered Roller Bearings:
- Carburized surface layer (case carburization) on rings and rollers
- Excellent shock resistant properties
- 40% longer life compared to through hardened product offerings
- High capacity for radial, axial and combined loads
- Common applications: transmissions, engines, differentials, wheel end, transfer cases
- 52100 steel for high hardness capability, excellent resistance against deformation and wear
- Polished raceways for low running noise
- Exceed OEM quality standards
- Wide range of both standard and non-standard configurations
- Common applications: alternators, transmissions, engines, transfer cases
Additional Line Components:
- Mounted Bearing Units
- Cylindrical Roller Bearings
- Needle Roller Bearings
Download the loose bearing information sheet.
What is case carburization and why is it critical?
The case carburization process creates bearings with a hard, wear resistant outer shell and a tough, ductile core. The tough outer shell helps protect the rolling elements from debris, while the ductile core allows the bearing to both absorb increased shock loading and operate under misalignment without failing. These traits are critical in agriculture and heavy-duty applications, in which bearings are forced to operate in heavily contaminated environments.