WHAT A RIDE: FROM BIKES TO LEADING THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY
The BCA journey began in Lancaster, Pennsylvania in 1897, where the Star Ball Retainer Company manufactured improved ball bearing retainers for the growing bicycle industry. In 1910, Star Ball Retainer merged with several US firms and created Bearings Company of America, or BCA. BCA began producing highly engineered bearings for the emerging auto industry. In the early 20th century, leading Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) were using BCA products.
In 1996, BCA was acquired by NTN Bearing Corporation of America, a global manufacturer of wheel hub assemblies and bearings. Today, BCA is the #1 supplier of OE-Quality hub assemblies, backed by the leading manufacturer of OE hub assemblies, NTN.
Former BCA Manufacturing Plants:
Lansing, PA. Harrisburg Ave. • Lansing, PA. Manheim Pike • Lititz, PA • Greensburg, IN